Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Anthony Blinken

 


On November 22, 2020 it was reported the Joe Biden plans on nominating Anthony Blinken for Secretary of State.  In an interview with Grover from Sesame Street Blinken explained, “I’m talking about refugees.  These are people who had to leave their homes because life in their countries was not safe for them.  Well Grover sadly, refugees had to leave everything behind, communities, schools, friends even all of their favorite things.  Even though they come from many different places they are just like you and me.”


The Guardian asks, "With America's reputation in tatters and our diplomatic service barely functional, can Blinken make American foreign policy great again?"  Blinken "will inherit a State Department devastated by inattention and mismanagement.  By emphasizing competence over political celebrity and efficiency over headlines, Biden and Blinken could oversee a renaissance era in American foreign policy and international leadership. The world will be better and safer if they succeed."


We can now look forward to increased intervention in places like Syria and Afghanistan.  This will be modeled on our great success in Libya.  I really appreciate Tony's reassuring interview with Grover.  He made things simple enough that even the retards in middle America could understand.  My only objection was that he claimed refugees were "just like you and me."  As simple minded as I am, I cannot find anything I have in common with a blue puppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment